This Waiver of Liability (the “Waiver”) executed on this by ________________(the “Volunteer”) in favor of Sri Venkateswara Swami ( Balaji) Temple of Greater Chicago, Aurora, IL ., a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Illinois, USA.
I, the Volunteer, desire to work as a volunteer for SVS Balaji Temple and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer.
I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Waiver under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless SVS Balaji Temple and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my volunteer work with SVS Balaji Temple.
I understand and acknowledge that this Waiver discharges SVS Balaji Temple from any liability or claim that I, the Volunteer, may have against SVS Balaji Temple with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my participation on the SVS Balaji Temple work site. I also understand that SVS Balaji Temple does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
2. Insurance. I, the Volunteer, understand that I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of SVS Balaji Temple beyond what may be offered freely by the representative of SVS Balaji Temple in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. Medical Treatment. I hereby release and forever discharge SVS Balaji Temple from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my time with SVS Balaji Temple.
4. Assumption of the Risk. I understand that my time with SVS Balaji Temple may include activities that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, construction activities, loading and unloading of heavy equipment and materials, and local transportation to and from the work sites. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release SVS Balaji Temple from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the activities of my time with SVS Balaji Temple.
5. Photographic Release. I grant and convey unto SVS Balaji Temple all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by SVS Balaji Temple during my work for SVS Balaji Temple, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. I expressly agree that this Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Illinois in the United States of America, and that this Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Waiver shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
I, the volunteer, agree to assume any and all risk associated with working in close proximity to other volunteers and temple staff who may not be in peak physical and mental health. Furthermore, I agree not to hold the temple responsible for any issues or incidents arising from such proximity.
I, the volunteer do hereby state that I am physically and mentally fit to discharge my assigned duties at the temple. Should it be determined otherwise, I agree not to hold the temple responsible for taking action it deems appropriate including , but not limited to termination of my services.
Signature (by typing your name below you agree to the above statement)